Sunday, June 12, 2011

Connectify WiFi error: "UPnP not running"

How to fix "UPnP not running" error in Connectify?
I've already got Connectify hotspot setup and successfully running on my laptop. I also got my Android phone set up to connect to the hot spot. But sometime it fails to reconnect my Android phone (especially after waking up the laptop from sleep/hibernation). The WiFi connection in android WiFi setting shows as  "Obtaining IP Address" for a few seconds but unable to reconnect. The Connectify GUI shows the error "UPnP not running". This solved the problem for me: Just click through the 'Easy Setup Wizard" and finish it without changing anything (including password). Now the error should be gone and your device should be automatically connected (provided you have saved all the WiFi authentication credentials in your device)

6 comments:

  1. actlly i hav samsung galaxy ACE and i tried connectify and virtual rouer but there are many problems with it to share my internet over my wifii lappy...

    finally i have found a software for this without even installing this...it is..
    "mhotspot"

    ReplyDelete
  2. after doing all this still UPnP not running error is there

    ReplyDelete
  3. This thread is a year older, but are your problems been solved already? Just curious as I maybe able to help :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @DNangel i have a problem.. i have connectify(and Samsung Galaxy ACE) and i am able to connect to connectify's Access point but after that data transfer is not taking place, i.e., i am getting connected the AP but no Internet :/
    can any1 help..?
    Thanks in advance
    Reply at (My Email ID): Shrikey2005@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same problem and all that I do is re-start the hotspot, but I have curiosity for solve the problem full

    Sorry for my bad english

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same problem and all that I do is re-start the hotspot, but I have curiosity for solve the problem full

    Sorry for my bad english

    ReplyDelete